Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lego Mania

This year Jantzen wanted a LEGO birthday party for his 'Great to be 8' year. We searched for ideas and finally came up with some fun ones to keep 10 eight year olds enthralled with legos for 2 hours. Can you believe the favorite was making a scrapbook place mat page with pictures and lego pieces and letters? Of course, the treasure hunt for candy legos came in at a close second (even when they had to search outdoors in the rain)!
I know, I always have to get way into the party theme and have fun going all out with decorations! The flag turned out way cool though with the oversized LEGO...neighbors even thought the flag was vinyl!!


The kids played games from the Lego spoon relay, to building the tallest LEGO tower, to creating a LEGO creation. We had lego brick pizza for lunch with lego ice cubes (but no one touched the LEGO colored fruits or veggies to go with lunch); they just wanted to keep adding ice cubes to change the color of their drinks. We ended with an award ceremony for the best creations (Hayden was proud that his was the 'most creative') and Jantzen's won the 'silliest' award of course!


THE CAKE & LEGO chocolate candies! Yeah! Jantzen's 8!

8 comments:

T. Driaza said...

That is the coolest theme ever! We are way into parties too. I'll have to remember that for Coey later in life! Give the birthday boy a big hug for us!

DeVries Family said...

They had such a good time!! You are so creative with parties! I just bake a cake and sing...LAME-O
He still seems toooo cute to be 8.

Dani said...

You're an awesome mom! These theme parties are something your kids will never forget. Way to be so cool!

Kelsey said...

You are so creative! I'll defiantly be calling you when Macey actually cares what goes on at her parties.

Heather and Eric said...

Wow!!! I am impressed! Everything looks wonderful! What a fun party!!

Brooke S said...

You are so creative and clever. I always enjoy you ideas. I miss you in Primary. We had a good thing going. Dang it! I do love Maureen she's a sweetheart.

I think I got out of the "Power Ranger" cake this year we just didn't get around to a party yet. I think I am making a "Jack Skellington" cake for Spence though. Cross your fingers.

Hugs
Brooke

Syd said...

Girl, I don't know how you do everything. As I've said many things before, YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN! (I have a lot to learn from ya!)

Blakeley said...

My old friend, Jeanie! It's your old roommate, Kim (Perrett) Leach. Do you even remember me? It's been forever. Deb just emailed me her blog site (or whatever it's called--I don't have one yet even though my little sister keeps bugging me to start one, so I don't really know what everything is called or how it works). Anyway, when I was on hers, I saw something with "Earl" and thought that had to be you & Nathan. I hope you don't mind me snooping a bit. You have such a cute family! I bet you are just the best mom. I can tell you this--you could become a professional party planner--you go all out! Funny coincidence--we also have a dog named Indi (a chocolate lab), but her full name is Indiana (as in "Indiana Jones" as well--my hubby's a big fan). Anyway, I sure hope you guys are doing well. You look great! We should try to keep in touch a bit. Maybe one of these days I'll even start a blog so you can meet my little family. Maybe... Anyway, love you! Take care.
By the way, sorry if there's confusion with the whole "Blakeley" thing--that's my daughter. I don't really know how to fix these types of things.