Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Trip to North Carolina 2008

We made it home for a week while Nathan was gone to CA for some military schooling. Aunt Amy picked us up at the airport late one night, and we surprised grandma in bed! She couldn't go back to sleep, making sure it wasn't a dream, as we were celebrating her 60th birthday that week!
Hayden, Jantzen, & Ashtyn were excited to see Uncle Kelly again. He came up for the weekend from Savannah, Georgia to keep us some company & play with the kids.

Here we are at Uncle Walter's place in Creedmoor, NC. There was a lot of good food (boiled potatoes, hush puppies, deviled eggs, and fried fish, rabbit, & turtle) that the boys wouldn't eat...even if it would be a good story to tell their friends! And, a lot of Granddad's family! It was HOT and humid, but loads of hugging and laughter!


We had a blast swimming with the Laws clan at they YMCA in Wake Forest. All the kids are growing like weeds, but still loved playing together in the hot,
humid sun!

We made it out one evening for miniature golf and laser tag at Frankies. Of course, Granddad had to show off and beat us all; even though Aunt Amy & Grandma had some hole in ones. But, the girls beat the boys in laser tag!

4 comments:

Syd said...

Okay, I heard about you eating all that yummy food (minus the rabbit and turtle), and I'm wondering why you didn't bring me any back?!?!

DeVries Family said...

I always look forward to spending quality time with family...
especially if there is lots of laughter involved! I love family reunions (secretly my guilty pleasure). I am so glad that you were able to go home!!! I want to hear ALL about your trip!!! Glad that you made it home safely and that you enjoyed yourself!!! You really needed the time with your mom! I'm sure that she was thrilled to have you home...

Shari said...

I'm glad you found me, I kept looking at wendy's friend list to see if anyone had a blog. I love bloging! I blog a ton. I have to slow down a little bit this week and next becauess we are moving to Midway. Yes...We are moving again. Whats wrong with me? We are going to live in Marks parents house while they go on a mission. ITs going to require us to take care of llamas. I'm not too excited about that. If you are going to swiss days, you'll have to stop by we will live right off the main road. Are you guys still doing card group?

Brooke S said...

I'm so glad you all had such a great trip back to see you family.. Sorry you didn't get to stay longer.. Miss you tons in Primary..
Hugs
Brooke